These sterling silver jump rings are saw cut and polished to a high gleam. Spiderchain specializes in precious metal jump rings, and we take pride in the quality of our products. These rings are cleanly cut, consistently sized, and free of partial or mangled rings.
15ga Jump Rings – mm
|Inner Diameter||Rings per Troy Ounce|
Please note that the inner diameter listed is the size of the steel rod that we use to wind that ring size. The finished size will be a tiny bit larger (especially for big/thin rings) because the wire springs back a bit after being wrapped around the rod. And if you want rings with even larger inner diameters than are listed here, please visit the Large Aspect Ratio section of the site.
The rings/ozt numbers in this chart will be closest for sterling silver jump rings. The other metals that we use are slightly less dense than sterling silver. If you’re buying gold filled, brass or copper rings you will get a few more rings in an ounce than you see in the chart.
General Info About Sterling Silver
Pure silver is fairly soft, so it’s usually alloyed with other metals to make it more practical for everyday use. For sterling silver, 92.5% of the weight is silver, with the remaining 7.5% made up by other metal, usually copper. The sterling silver I sell is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. You’ll sometimes see sterling silver hallmarked with a “.925” stamp – that refers to the 92.5% silver content. And sometimes it’s simply referred to as 925 silver or 925 sterling. All of these terms are interchangeable, and they all refer to this most common silver alloy – just enough alloying metal added to make it tough enough for everyday use. Wikipedia has a great article on the history of sterling silver.
Working with 15 Gauge Jump Rings
This is an unusual gauge of jump ring, but we include it in our Spiderchain jump ring offerings because it can be used to create “invisible” size graduations between 14 gauge and 16 gauge rings. I would use 15 gauge rings to make a bold collar-length necklace to go with a cocktail dress, and I feel that it is too bulky to make a comfortable bracelet. However, your chainmaille may vary! I recommend using two pairs of flat-nose pliers for 15 ga rings.